Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tour de France Stage 11

Yesterday we saw a climbing section of Stage 10, John, Paul, Lance and me in a lower section, Rob and Lance's brother, Andrew, on a higher section. When we saw the lead pack, there were about 20 riders; when they got to Rob and Andrew, they had dwindled to only a handful of riders. I gotta hand it to the riders: they work hard. It's as if they look to the spectators for inspiration, maybe for an ounce of strength. I hope our cheering helped.

Today we attend Stage 11. Again we'll be on a climb, John, Paul and I probably on a lower section than our professionals Lance, Rob and Andrew. Afterall, not only will we ride up the same mountain as the TdF riders, we have to come back down the same mountain. Hope my brake-grip muscles are up for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment