Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Secret Weapon

Since our good bikes are already on their way to France, I had to use the commuter bike (aka the back-up bike) to get in a few easy miles at Hains Point. To break up the monotony of HP, I was doing a little math in my head and determined that my back-up bike is about 25% heavier than my good bike. That's when it dawned on me that the back-up bike is going to be my secret weapon!

Just like a batter swinging a heavy bat before going up against a fastball pitcher, I'm using a heavier bike before facing the Alps! A couple of more rides on the ol' commuter are going to (hopefully) allow me to float as I pedal effortlessly up Mont Ventoux!

Yeah, right, who am I kidding!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I should lend you my old wheels for added ballast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stop believin', hang onto that feelin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that all three of y'all were such prolific writers!!

    ReplyDelete