Thursday, June 21, 2012

8am; 80 Degrees; 80% Humidity


As of this morning John, Barb, & I have four days until we disassemble our bikes, pack them, and entrust them to Lance.  Lance will fly ahead of us to France and have them reassembled when we arrive.  Thank You Lance !!

Considering we now have little training time left, I decided to go for a ride first thing this morning since the weatherman indicated that our first day of summer would be exactly what those of us living in DC would expect in a summer day (hot and humid).   Despite the temp & humidity, the ride wasn't all that bad.  I think the breeze created while cycling actually cools you down.  Nevertheless I wondered to myself if southern France has the same climate, would it be hotter/cooler, would it be more/less humid, or would we be biking in rainy conditions for two weeks.  Will we fry in Provence and freeze in the Alps?   I also thought of those climbers who scale Mt Everest and have to ascend at some insane hour like 1am.  Will Lance be clanging a cow bell before O-Dark-30 waking us up so we can start our climb to Mon Ventoux before anyone else?  I guess we'll deal with that when we arrive.   Until then I plan to ride early, keep hydrated, and stay in the A/C.

No comments:

Post a Comment